RECYCLING in Clay County
Clay County temporarily suspends curbside recycling collection
From Clay Today: www.claytodayonline.com
GREEN COVE SPRINGS - Effective Tuesday, July 21, the collection of curbside recyclables in Clay County will be temporarily suspended due to staffing shortages caused by impacts from COVID-19 with Clay County’s contracted waste hauler Advanced Disposal Services. The temporary suspension will be in effect through July 31, at which time staffing shortages will be reevaluated. Customers will be notified if the suspension must be extended after July 31. Advanced Disposal Services will resume the collection of curbside recyclables as soon as possible.
Options available to customers during this temporary suspension include:
- Save and store recyclable containers until curbside collection resumes.
- Rinse and flatten plastic bottles and aluminum cans to save space in bins. These items may be stored in a 40-gallon or smaller sized container and will be collected in that container once service resumes.
- Bring your recyclables to the Recycling Center at the Rosemary Hill Solid Waste Management Facility in Green Cove Springs, or any of the four Environmental Convenience Centers in the County. See locations and hours here: https://www.claycountygov.com/departments/environmental-services.
- There will be no charge to drop off recyclables.
- Please be sure to secure loose items with a tarp that is strapped to the vehicle or trailer.
- Customers that are not able to store or transport recyclables, may place containerized recyclables curbside on their regular garbage collection day, as a last resort.
Contact ADVANCED DISPOSAL with questions: 904-695-0500
The HOA office is located at:
SWIM PARK ANNEX BLDG, 1880 Eagle Harbor Parkway, 32003
Office Hours: Tues/Wed/Thurs 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.